Monday, May 23, 2011

mountain adventures.

So these past few weeks, our family has been traveling and seeing a lot of Taiwan. We started in Taipei, then went to Taichung, Puli, Kaohsiung, Kenting, Meilong, (any other places?) and now we're in Tainan. We didn't really get Internet for a few days (my grandma has no computer and the only Internet we could find was at a McDonald's we drove to one day) but here's a short post with some pictures from a mountain region we lived in for two days!

I had no idea what landmarks, scenery, different kinds of people, etc existed in Taiwan until this year. We took this cable car above the mountains and over Sun Moon Lake...so beautiful. Pretty scary (my mom closed her eyes the whole time) but an amazing experience :)


Amazing view :)


We lived in my mom's college friend's house converted into bed and breakfast which was super nice and really big. Their family grows all kinds of stuff and it's amazing to see how people live and make a living on these mountains. Here's Caleb in one of their greenhouses with some crazy cacti.


I love seeing different kinds of flowers :) I think this one is especially cute. (It's from one of the greenhouses too).


We drove a super long while to see this place but it was super amazing. An old man (who passed away) made all these little crafts in a  bottle from ages 74 to 82. I'm so amazed at this place and all the handmade things we've seen in Taiwan so far...no idea how he was able to make these things 




The same old man also made a lot of cool things out of beer cans and coke cans. Here's a giant dragon he made!


Then we went to this really cool outdoor museum/exhibit/amusement park place about nine tribes of natives in Taiwan. They had a performance and this was part of the warrior dance. So awkward lol


And then just a random other sign in the park....


There's been a lot going through my mind lately and I've been learning a lot about the gospel and about myself  and the amazingness of God's grace through reading Tim Keller's Prodigal God... but I'm kinda tired so I'll post about that stuff later. Enjoy the pictures for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment